The Iowa Business Council (IBC) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose 23 members are the chief decision makers of the state's largest employers. Since its establishment in 1985, the Council has worked to elevate Iowa's economy through global thought leadership, research, and advocacy. This unparalleled group of CEOs works together to identify opportunities to strengthen the state's workforce and overall economy, inform stakeholders by sharing data and insight, and network and engage to initiate change in the pursuit of prosperity for Iowa and Iowans. Ultimately, the Iowa Business Council's mission is to serve as a catalyst for economic vitality.
During 2018 Iowa Business Council members:
- Employed over 150,000 Iowans, with 1 in 6 jobs in Iowa tied to an IBC member
- Paid over $6.7 billion in payroll to employees
- Spent over $450 million on research & development
- Invested in Iowa's economy with over $4.3 billion spent in capital investment
- Made more than $347 million in charitable contributions