PLEASE NOTE: As of October 31, 2023, Iowa's Career Coach tool is no longer available. Instead, similar tools and career resources, including those already available on IowaWORKS, are readily available to help you on your career journey. See below for information on how to get started.
IowaWORKS - Registering in IowaWORKS takes only a few minutes, and by doing so you can gain access to an assessment that provides relevant career tools, helps define your career interests, and provides a number of additional resources to help you find your career direction.
By registering, you will have access to:
- A personal file folder that contains information on saved searches, system settings, and related information.
- Career assessment tools, including skills matching that helps match a person's qualifications and abilities to specific occupations.
- A home page with customized news content.
- Creation of resumes and cover letters.
- Automated job searches that deliver job opportunities to your system message box or an email address you provide (or both).
- Access to connect in-person with a career counselor for one-on-one guidance.
O*NET Interest Profiler
O*NET Interest Profiler - This resource is a free online database that contains information on hundreds of job occupations in assist job seekers and students. The platform helps you find out what you like to do by offering a 60-question assessment that identifies your top interest categories. From there, individuals can access groups of careers that link to their interests and are divided by level of experience, education, and training requirements.
The O*NET Interest Profiler can help you find out what your interests are, how they relate to the world of work, and what kinds of careers you might want to explore. To access it, visit www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip.